Natural or River sand are weathered and worn out particles of rocks and are of various grades or sizes
depending upon the amount of wearing. Now-a-days good sand is not readily available, it is
transported from a long distance. Those resources are also exhausting very rapidly and also degrading the environment.
Slag is a byproduct of steel manufacturing plants and is used to convert to a usable form of sand known as processed slag sand.
Processed Slag (PS) - Sand is manufactured using state of the art facilities, by passing it through a grizzly bar, grizzly screen, crusher, vertical shafft grinder, fine door screening and air classifying assembly. The PS Sand undergoes some amount of grinding and the particle shape gets altered. This intervention is mainly aimed at increasing the bulk density of the raw slag and making the flaky and sharp edges of raw slag particles more spherical.
PS Sand which is a non metallic product, consisting of glass containing silicates and alumina silicates of lime, is a byproduct of metal smelting process and does not contain materials like chloride, organic matter, clay silt and shells that may affect the strength and durability of concrete. Naturally occuring river sand is highly contaminated with silt, clay, organic matter, etc, has no consistency and is not advisable for high rise buildings and modern day construction. PS Sand perfectly suited for the purpose.
Processed Slag (PS) Sand is an eco friendly alternate to river sand that can be used 100% individually or in combination with river sand or M Sand.
A manufacturer should conform to IS: 383-1970 standards to ensure the correctness and quality of the material.
Advantages of PS Sand
- A perfect gradation ensures fewer voids and increases the compressive strength
- An optimum level of fine content helps to overcome deficiencies of concrete such as segregation, bleeding, voids and honey combing
- 0% silt content, giving better strength than natural sand
- High durability reduce lifecycle maintenance costs.
- Imroves boarding and smooth surface finish
- An eco-friendly product and its usage helps conserve nature and environment
- Slag is a by product for cement manufacturing, so it helps in better binding and reduces the use of cement
- Plain concrete
- Reinforced concrete
- Rapid setting concrete
- Dry lean concrete
- Standard ready mix concrete
- Pavement quality concrete
- Plastering interior and exterior walls
- Regular bricks and blocks masonry
- Stone masonry