What is AAC?
Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) is a certified green building material, which can be used for commercial, industrial and residential construction. It is porous, non-toxic, reusable, renewable and recyclable.
When was AAC first developed?
AAC was developed in 1924 by a Swedish architect, who was looking for an alternate building material with properties similar to that of wood – good thermal insulation, solid structure and easy to work with – but without the disadvantage of combustibility, decay and termite damage.
What are Biltech ACE blocks/panels made of?
Biltech ACE blocks and panels are manufactured using fly ash mixed with cement, lime, water and an aerating agent. The resultant building material, comprising millions of tiny air pores, is set and cut into blocks and panels of varying sizes.
What are the advantages of using Biltech ACE?
- Eco-friendly & Sustainable
- Makes productive use of recycled industrial waste (fly ash).
- Non-polluting manufacturing process – the only by-product is steam.
- Made of non-toxic ingredients.
- Does not exude gases.
- Total energy consumption for producing Biltech ACE is less than ½ of what it takes to produce other building material.
- 3-4 times lighter than traditional bricks, therefore, easier and cheaper to
- A Biltech ACE block weighs approximately 50% less than a standard CMU block.
A Biltech ACE panel weighs approximately 30% of standard cast-in-place concrete.
- Usage reduces overall dead load of a building, thereby allowing construction of taller buildings.
- Thermally Insulated & Energy Efficient
- Tiny air pores and thermal mass of blocks provide excellent thermal insulation, thus reducing heating and air conditioning costs of a building.
- Fire Resistant
- Non-combustible and fire resistant up to 1600° C.
- Can withstand up to 6 hours of direct exposure.
- Acoustic Performance
- Superior sound absorption qualities due to porous structure of blocks.
- Offers sound attenuation of about 42 dB, blocking out all major sounds and disturbances.
- Ideal for schools, hospitals, hotels, offices, multi-family housing and other structures that require acoustic insulation.
- Easy Workability and Design Flexibility
- Blocks can be easily cut, drilled, nailed, milled and grooved to fit individual requirements.
- Available in custom sizes.
- Simplifies hydro-sanitary and electrical installations, such as pipes or ducts, which can be installed after the main construction is complete.
- Seismic Resistant
- Lightweight blocks reduce mass of a structure, thus decreasing the impact of an earthquake on a building.
- Non-combustible nature provides an advantage against fires, which commonly accompany earthquakes.
- Available in exact sizes.
- Results in smooth walls with perfect contact between different elements.
- Reduces cement and steel usage.
- Termite/Pest Resistant
- Due to structure of blocks, Biltech ACE cannot be damaged or infested by termites and other pests.
- Low Maintenance
- Reduces operating cost by 30% to 40%.
- Reduces overall construction cost by 2.5% as it requires less jointing and reduces need for cement and steel.
- High-insulation blocks save up to 30% in energy costs.
- Variety in sizes of blocks helps increase carpet area.
- Wall painting and plastering last longer as almost nil efflorescence affects Biltech ACE. This translates into lower maintenance costs.
- Faster Construction
- Reduces construction time by 20%.
- Different sizes of blocks help reduce the number of joints in wall masonry.
- Lighter blocks make construction easier and faster.
- Easy to install. Sets and hardens quickly.